IMESAFR Learn More
Institute of Makers of Explosives Safety Analysis for Risk (IMESAFR) is a quantitative risk assessment (QRA) tool used to calculate risk to personnel from commercial explosives facilities and operations. IMESAFR, uses information about the donor structure, about the explosives type and activity at the donor, and about the exposed site structure to calculate risk and is an effective supplement to the longstanding American Table of Distances.
IME works in conjunction with A-P-T Research, Inc. (APT), an engineering services company in Huntsville, Alabama to develop and maintain IMESAFR.IMESAFR v2.1 -- Expected Release Spring 2018
IMESAFR TRAINING INFORMATION
APT Research is planning IMESAFR v2.1 Training - (April 11-13, 2018) in Ottawa, ONT, Canada in conjunction with the 18th International Conference of Chief Inspectors of Explosives. An Upgrade 2.0 to 2.1 (Improvements) class will be offered to those who have completed IMESAFR v2.0 training and do not wish to take the full v2.1 course.
Training for the recently released AN Module will also be offered to those who have completed IMESAFR 2.0 or 2.1 training. Both courses will be 1/2 day courses to be held in Ottawa (non-concurrently) on April 18, 2018.
If you have questions, please contact Mary Robinson, IMESAFR Training Coordinator (email@example.com). Click here to download the registration form for Ottawa Training. Click here to view IMESAFR Training brochure.
IMESAFR software and training is made available through APT. Because of our commitment to explosives safety and due to the complexity of IMESAFR, it is IME's policy, before issuing a permanent license to use IMESAFR, to require training in QRA concepts and the proper use of the software tool. For more information about IMESAFR software and training, use the following link to access the IMESAFR Informational Brochure.
IMESAFR Training Schedule -- 2017
|Type Training||Dates||Training Location|
|IMESAFR v2.0||October 23-25, 2018||Huntsville, AL|
|IMESAFR v2.0||July 17-19, 2018||Huntsville, AL|
|IMESAFR v2.0||May 1-3, 2018||Huntsville, AL|
|IMESAFR v2.0||April 11-13, 2018||Ottawa, Canada|
|IMESAFR v2.0||January 24-26, 2018||San Antonio, TX (ISEE Conf)|
IMESAFR INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS
- Risk Acceptance Criterion -- 2016
- Variance Guidance -- updated August 2016
- Variance Announcement -- May 2015
- ATF Letter -- January 2014
PUBLISHED QRA PAPERS AND REPORTS
- IMESAFR Pe Matrix Tech Memo
- A Comparison of the Quin Site Explosive Event Results to IMESAFR Consequence Predictions
- A Proposed Test Program to Improve Explosive Risk Management
- IMESAFR Version 2.0: Next Generation Tool for Manageing Risk Associated with Commercial Explosives Operations -- 2014 -- Update
- The Science of Quantitative Risk Assessment for Explosives Safety Knocking Down Barriers to QRA
- Development & Application of Quantitative Risk Assessment Methodology (SAFEX International) - by Lon Santis
The APT Website www.apt-research.com/products/models/IMESAFR.html provides additional information about IMESAFR software and training.