IMESAFR Learn More
Institute of Makers of Explosives Safety Analysis for Risk (IMESAFR) is a quantitative risk assessment (QRA) tool used to calculate risk to personnel from commercial explosives facilities and operations. IMESAFR, uses information about the donor structure, about the explosives type and activity at the donor, and about the exposed site structure to calculate risk and is an effective supplement to the longstanding American Table of Distances.
IME works in conjunction with A-P-T Research, Inc. (APT), an engineering services company in Huntsville, Alabama to develop and maintain IMESAFR.
IMESAFR TRAINING INFORMATION
IMESAFR software and training is made available through APT. Because of our commitment to explosives safety and due to the complexity of IMESAFR, it is IME's policy, before issuing a permanent license to use IMESAFR, to require training in QRA concepts and the proper use of the software tool. For more information about IMESAFR software and training, use the following link to access the IMESAFR Informational Brochure.
IMESAFR Training Schedule -- 2017
|Type Training||Dates||Training Location|
|IMESAFR||July 25-27, 2017||Huntsville, AL|
|IMESAFR||October 11-13, 2017||Germany (TBD)|
|IMESAFR||October 31- Nov 2, 2017||Huntsville, AL|
Employees of an IME member company that is eligible for full IME member benefits may attend IMESAFR training using a prepaid voucher obtained from IME. Employees should request a voucher for a training session from Ron Thomas at email@example.com. The request should include:
1. the name of the individual to be trained,
2. the name of the member company management official that has approved the training,
3. dates and location of the training,
4. whether the request is for a full 3-day, or upgrade 2-day training, and
5. a statement that the individual is employed by an IME member or a 100% owned subsidiary of an IME member.
If a seat is available for the session requested, a voucher will distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until all vouchers are used. A record of vouchers used and available is shown below. Additional IME purchases of prepaid training vouchers will be considered as needed.
IMESAFR INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS
- Risk Acceptance Criterion -- 2016
- Variance Guidance -- updated August 2016
- Variance Announcement -- May 2015
- ATF Letter -- January 2014
PUBLISHED QRA PAPERS AND REPORTS
- IMESAFR Pe Matrix Tech Memo
- A Comparison of the Quin Site Explosive Event Results to IMESAFR Consequence Predictions
- A Proposed Test Program to Improve Explosive Risk Management
- IMESAFR Version 2.0: Next Generation Tool for Manageing Risk Associated with Commercial Explosives Operations -- 2014 -- Update
- The Science of Quantitative Risk Assessment for Explosives Safety Knocking Down Barriers to QRA
- Development & Application of Quantitative Risk Assessment Methodology (SAFEX International) - by Lon Santis
The APT Website www.apt-research.com/products/models/IMESAFR.html provides additional information about IMESAFR softward and training.