Institute of Makers of Explosives Safety Analysis for Risk (IMESAFR) is a quantitative risk assessment (QRA) tool used to calculate risk to personnel from commercial explosives facilities and operations. IMESAFR uses information about the donor structure, about the explosives type and activity at the donor, and about the exposed site structure to calculate risk and is an effective supplement to the longstanding American Table of Distances.
IME works in conjunction with A-P-T Research, Inc. (APT), an engineering services company in Huntsville, Alabama to develop and maintain IMESAFR.IMESAFR v2.1
With the update to IMESAFR v2.1, several UI and algorithm upgrades were added to the software.
IMESAFR TRAINING INFORMATION
- IMESAFR Training Voucher Policy
- Training for the AN Module will also be offered to those who have completed IMESAFR 2.0 or 2.1 training.
- If you have questions, please contact APT (email@example.com). Click here to view the IMESAFR Training brochure.
- IMESAFR software and training is made available through APT. Because of our commitment to explosives safety and due to the complexity of IMESAFR, it is IME's policy, before issuing a permanent license to use IMESAFR, to require training in QRA concepts and the proper use of the software tool.
|IMESAFR v2.1 Training with AN Module||Huntsville, AL||October 20-23, 2020|
|IMESAFR v2.1 Training with American Table of Distances (ATD) Module||Huntsville, AL||December 8-11, 2020
PUBLISHED QRA PAPERS AND REPORTS
- IMESAFR Pe Matrix Tech Memo
- A Comparison of the Quin Site Explosive Event Results to IMESAFR Consequence Predictions
- A Proposed Test Program to Improve Explosive Risk Management
- IMESAFR Version 2.0: Next Generation Tool for Managing Risk Associated with Commercial Explosives Operations -- 2014 -- Update
- The Science of Quantitative Risk Assessment for Explosives Safety Knocking Down Barriers to QRA
- Development & Application of Quantitative Risk Assessment Methodology (SAFEX International) - by Lon Santis
The APT Website www.apt-research.com provides additional information about IMESAFR software and training.