ATF Publishes Explosives Industry Newsletter
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) recently released the Dec. 2011 edition of their explosives industry newsletter. The newsletter covers many potentially interesting topics to industrial explosives users:
- a summary of several new pamphlets issued by ATF concerning explosives magazine construction and recordkeeping requirements for Federally licensed manufacturers, importers, dealers and permittees,
- a summary of ATF Ruling 2011-3, authorizing explosives licensees and permittees to secure explosives magazines with locks other than those traditionally approved,
- a discussion of nonsparking metals.
- a reminder on type 3 magazines, or ,ay-boxes,
- a policy statement and recommendations on binary exploding targets,
- information about seeking exemption of certain pest control devices from ATF regulations, and
- information about changes simplifying ATF Form 5400.13/5400.16, Application for Explosives License or Permit.